TEMPLE OF VALADIER

In 1828, under pope Leone XII, the French architect Valadier built a bigger octagonal church with a dome made of plumb.

The new temple was made of white travertine blocks extracted from a stone quarry above the cave. On the altar there is a venerated statue of the Virgin with the Infant Jesus, by Antonio Canova.

Download the app ifrasassi

Consorzio Frasassi - Largo Leone XII, n 1 - 60040 Genga (AN) - grotte@frasassi.com - PEC: frasassi@pec.it - P.Iva 00222050429